Monday, October 10, 2011

Our house wines.

Him: Speaking of...
Me: Wine!?
Him: Wine!
Me: Can we drink the white?
Him: That's just what I was thinking.
Me: Clearly, we're soulmates.

We love wines so much, we have house wines.

Our house red is the Cruz Alta Malbec. Last year, when my parents were in town, Mr. Wino was cooking a brisket for dinner, and my dad and I went on a foray to our local wine emporium for something to suit. The best thing about Corridor Marketplace in Laurel is that they do wine tastings and have an excellent staff. The employee we ran into suggested this one; it is, in a few words, the perfect fit. It enhanced the spiciness of the brisket, and is smooth with everything else.

Our house white is Oak Grove Chardonnay. We're not as big of white wine drinkers most of the time, and this one is neither too sweet or too oaky. Also, it's cheap, and we're not rich.
 
Tonight, we're drinking the Oak Grove.


Clearly, I am trying very hard to maintain my anonymity.

No comments:

Post a Comment