Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Liquid Jolly

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "Dang, the seasons are changing, and I need a good beer to get me through the winter." Ok, you probably weren't really thinking that, but I felt like writing about beer, so just play along.

Some of my favorite beers are the dark, malty beers that are traditionally served in winter. I'm mixing up some high ABV Oatmeal Stout in my fermenter right now, but in the meantime, here's some suggestions you may not have heard about:

Troeg's Troegenator Double Bock

Coming in at 8.2%, this Doppelbock tastes great and will get you where you want to go

Victory Storm King Stout

I love pretty much any beer by Victory brewery, but this one is dark, broody, and a personal favorite.

Killian's Irish Red

I like this beer all year long. It's pretty much a staple in my diet.

and finally, Yuengling. It's easy to find, a little lighter, and tastes great.

What are your winter beers?

No comments:

Post a Comment